This complex oil contains pinene, linalool, geraniol, benzyl alcohol, cresol, cresyl acetate, eugenol, methyl benzoate, methyl salicylate and trace amounts of various acids and other components.
Ylang Ylang essential oil is extremely fragrant has a calming effect on the mind and body and is used in cases of frigidity and impotence. It has a wonderfully balancing and stimulating effect on the skin, to correct sebum production and is also used to stimulate hair growth.
It is classed as a non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing oil, yet could cause sensitivity have been reported and excessive use of it can lead to headaches and nausea.
Ylang-ylang oil assists with problems such as high blood pressure, rapid breathing and heartbeat, nervous conditions, as well as impotence and frigidity.
REMINDER: The Secretly Obvious Pure Essential Oil Collection is the purest line of essential oils available on the market. These are for careful use only by researched pure essential oil users and crafters. I don't dilute the oils in any way, so the oils are more effective, smell much stronger, and have a more powerful effect. Check out the books I have for sale on aromatherapy. Its not recommended to research online as most sites are sponsored by essential oil companies teaching how to use their diluted essential oils. Older sources are recommended. Secretly Obvious oils are pure and must be carefully formulated with our carrier oils for most applications and uses.
The therapeutic properties of ylang-ylang oil are:
- “antidepressant” - An agent used for relief of symptoms of depression.
- “antiseborrheic” - Preventing or relieving excessive secretion of sebum; preventing or relieving seborrheic dermatitis.
- “antiseptic” - of, relating to, or denoting substances that prevent the growth of disease-causing microorganisms.
- “aphrodisiac” – An agent or substance arousing sexual desire.
- “hypotensive” - A substance that decreases the blood pressure.
- “nervine” – A substance having a soothing or calming effect upon the nerves.
- “sedative” - promoting calm or inducing sleep.