Patchouli oil, Reserve Select, (Dark, Iron Distilled), India - Pure Essential Oil Collection
Oak Barrel Aged. Wonderful oakiness is imparted through this process. This is absolutely the best patchouli available in the world today with a high patchouli alcohol content.
Patchouli oil has a grounding and balancing effect on the emotions and banishes lethargy, while sharpening the wits, fighting depression and anxiety. It is also said to create an amorous atmosphere.
It is effective for fungal and bacterial infection and is of great help for insect bites. It could also be used as an insect repellant and is also used as a support for dealing with any substance addiction.
With its excellent diuretic properties, it is effective in fighting water retention and to break up cellulite, easing constipation and helping to reduce overweight.
Furthermore, it has a great deodorizing action, and helps when feeling hot and bothered, while cooling down inflammations and assisting with wound healing.
On the skin, this oil is one of the most active and is a superb tissue regenerator, which helps to stimulate the growth of new skin cells. In wound healing, it not only promotes faster healing, but also helps to prevent ugly scarring when the wound heals.
Patchouli oil is very effective in sorting out rough, cracked and overly dehydrated skin and is used to treat acne, acne, eczema, psoriasis, sores, ulcers, any fungal infections, as well as scalp disorders.
Summary: Patchouli oil has a beneficial effect on the skin, helps for infections and insect bites, water retention and can help with stress related problems and addictions.
The therapeutic properties of patchouli oil are:
- “antidepressant” - An agent used for relief of symptoms of depression.
- “antiphlogistic” – An agent that reduces inflammation.
- “antiseptic” - of, relating to, or denoting substances that prevent the growth of disease-causing microorganisms.
- “aphrodisiac” – An agent or substance arousing sexual desire.
- “astringent” – An agent and/or substance causing the contraction of body tissues, typically of the skin. Causing contraction or arresting discharges.
- “cicatrisant” - To heal or become healed by the formation of scar tissue.
- “cytophylactic” – An agent responsible for the increase in cellular activity.
- “deodorant” - A substance applied to the skin to mask or suppress body odors.
- “diuretic” - A substance that tends to increase the discharge of urine.
- “febrifuge” - A medication that reduces fever; an antipyretic.
- “fungicide” - A chemical that destroys fungus.
- “insecticide” - A substance used for killing insects.
- “sedative” - promoting calm or inducing sleep.
- “tonic” - A substance taken to give a feeling of vigor or well-being.