Secretly Obvious health tips
*Mandatory Reading for Skincare Clients!
water is the most precious resource!
The most important part of health is to make sure your water source is as pure as can be. We are made of nearly 70% water, it is the most precious part of our existence. The United States has been "medicating" the water supply for almost 100 years now, and the neurotoxins, flouride, and chlorine that are in our water serves no medical or hygienic purpose. Flouride has been proven numerous times to make humans and animals less intelligent, being that it is a neurotoxin. Please see here and here for more info, or just google this information yourself. Many countries have banned fluoride from their water supply, it has a history of being used in concentration camps and prisons to keep inmates docile, calm, and "zombie" like.
By the government putting these chemicals in our water supply, we are subject to overwhelming amounts of unnecessary immune system battles that we don't even know are taking place. By filtering your bathing and drinking water, you are protecting your body and allowing it to function properly from the inside out. Water is the most precious part of this earth and ourselves. We are 70% water! Here are my recommendations for making sure your water is as pure as can be...
BRITA In-Line Shower Filtration System in Chrome
$36.00 - $360.00
Showering in filtered water is strongly recommended to improve your skin. Toxins such as fluoride and chlorine do a lot of damage to your system as we are more than 70% water! The Brita Shower Filter provides cleaner water for your shower for up to 6 months. Filter replacement is easy by removing filter cap and inserting new filter.
- Reduces: sediment, CTO and scale
- Quick installation - replaces current shower head
- Lasts up to 6 months
- Makes a chlorine free shower
Zero Water - Pitcher
$48.00 - $72.00
Enjoy pure-tasting water with the latest filter pitcher technology. Zero Water Filtration system combines 5 sophisticated technologies that work together to remove virtually all dissolved solids in your tap water. This 6-8 cup pitcher comes with one 5-Stage Ion exchange Filter, and a laboratory grade testing meter and a guarantee to remove virtually all of the dissolved solids from your tap water.
- Patented 5-stage dual-ion exchange filtration system
- Convenient space-saving design
- Patented 5 stage ion exchange filter removes virtually all the dissolved solids from tap water
- Certified to remove lead, chromium and mercury
- 1 hand pull and pour button to easily fill any bottle or cup
- Zero Water is the only water filter in its class to achieve FDA required TDS level
- 6-8-cup reservoir
ZeroWater - Water Dispenser and Filtration System
Enjoy pure tasting water with the latest filter pitcher technology. Zero Water filtration system combines 5 sophisticated technologies that work together to remove virtually all the dissolved solids from your tap water. This 23 cup dispenser comes with one 5 Stage Ion Exchange Filter and a laboratory grade water testing meter.
- 5-stage dual ion exchange filter removes virtually all dissolved solids from tap water
- Convenient space saving design
- Only pour through dispenser certified to remove lead and chromium
- 1 hand pull and Pour button spout to fill any glass or bottle
- As effective at reducing chromium-6 in tap water as reverse osmosis systems
- Fits in refrigerator, flip up lid for easy refilling
- Includes electronic TDS water testing meter
1. shower in clean water
Use a shower filter! Bathing in clean water will relieve your entire body and immune system from the toxins in the water. By bathing in chemicals you are lowering your immune system's potential to work! Please invest in making sure your skin is taken care of, its the largest organ of your body!
2. sink filter
Sink filters are funny because they sometimes fail. If you must make the choice between sink or shower, choose shower- its more important. If you can fit a sink filter where you wash your face and hands, please do so. The Pur filter is what we use in our house, it is usually around $30 from Home Depot
3. filter your own drinking water!!
DO NOT DRINK BOTTLED WATER. Many companies like Dasani, Nesle, Arrowhead, etc still put fluoride in the water and there is nothing you can do to stop them. You must filter your water yourself. Even on a budget, you can easily get access to clean water if you make these investments: 5 gallon jugs and a water stand, find a reverse osmosis water machine inside preferably at a laundromat or water store. If in a pinch- the machines outside or Vons, CVS, or other grocery stores, they don't have as much upkeep though. Once you have this reverse osmosis water, you then bring it home and filter it again through your Brita Filtered drinking pitcher (above). You can even use Brita water bottles to triple filter your water before it hits your lips. Carry travel water bottles filled with your clean water when you're outside the house, and when you are at restaurants order sparkling water, or none at all. The water you drink is most important for healing.
It is very important that you follow the following tips while using Secretly Obvious skincare.
Do not pick, rub or squeeze your pimples! Avoid touching your face!
Do not scrub your face with anything abrasive! No washcloths or scrubbers!
how to use our skincare
*Because these products are all natural, they will dramatically transform your skin for the better, however, your skin may go through many changes for the first few months before you have the desired results.
Use Secretly Obvious SPF 25 Sunscreen if in the sun. Reapply every 25 minutes that you are in the sun, it is not waterproof.
avoid hair removers
Shave your body hair with a razor and our soap (its great for shaving!) but avoid chemicals on your body at all costs, then and only then will your body will be able to focus on correcting, healing, and repairing effectively. Realize that your skin absorbs the world around you, and putting chemicals on it, opens up your capillaries allowing nano particles and trace amounts of chemicals to go into your blood stream. Chemical hair remover is very toxic on your system as well, don't use it.
avoid bleach, perm, or relaxers
I don't feel the need to cater to the absolutely destructive western beauty standards we put on women in the western world. If you are putting sodium hydroxide/lye/relaxers in your hair, it's a classic cause of acne and immune system stress, as well as many many other health problems. Basically sodium hydroxide is a base (opposite of acid), and when it meets fat, it makes soap. That is how I make the very soap I sell on this site, and I use a gas mask to handle it because it is poison before it is saponified! Our brains are 60% FAT, and hair relaxers penetrate into your blood stream, carrying these compounds to your brain, and the rest of your body. This isn't just my advice, it burns, which is your body's way of saying "STOP". The oil that your scalp then produces runs down your face as you perspire, and shower. It is very important to use natural hair products and maintain a natural hair care regimen no matter your skin color or racial background. You can add a couple drops of Cedarwood Essential Oil to your natural shampoo and conditioner to prevent hair loss and maintain healthy, strong, and shiny hair.
if you must use makeup...
Most of our clients have used makeup and still seen results, some were only successful after stopping makeup altogether. Its better to not use makeup at all than to waste time hoping your makeup is okay to use. Even most "mineral makeup" contains the naturally occurring mineral, Titanium dioxide, which is naturally bound to impurities. Through a chemical man made process in electronic manufacturing, the titanium dioxide is removed from the impurities, and the result is a white powder, a nanomaterial.
Nanotechnology is the science of manipulating matter at the molecular scale to build structures, tools, or products. This emerging science offers new opportunities for industry applications, such as stronger flavorings and colorings. However, at such a small scale, nano-particles are more likely to pass through biological membranes, circulate through the body, and enter cells, potentially causing harm as they move through the body. The many chemicals from manufacturing the electronic industry cannot simply be dumped, as they are hazardous to the environment, so they are used throughout the cosmetic industry, mainly in paint, makeup, and sunscreen. Titanium dioxide also begins to eat away at your skin when exposed to sunlight.
MG NATURALS is the only makeup we have found to be free of Titanium Dioxide and other chemicals but they only make lighter shades right now, for darker shades an alternative is 100percentpure.com but it is not titaniumdioxidefree (yet).
DO NOT USE MAKEUP REMOVER
Try to not use makeup at all, but if you do, keep it on as short as possible. Do not use wipes or makeup removers on the surface of your skin, eye makeup remover (with a q-tip) is ok but not on your acne. Our soap is a great makeup remover, just wash your face and neck well immediately when you get home. DO NOT EVER SLEEP WITH YOUR MAKEUP ON. Please remember whatever you put on your skin, has to come out, and makeup use puts everything back into your skin that you are trying to remove. Make sure your pillow cases are washed once a week and that your hair products are natural as well. Don't go to bed with product on your hair as it will end up on your face and pillowcase.
REMEMBER, VANITY IS A DISORDER
Vanity, or excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements, is the same word for uselessness by Webster's definitions. Realize the cosmetic industries work in tandem with capitalist global agendas and the media to trigger anxiety and worthlessness inside of women specifically for the purpose of funding corporate agendas, creating the excessive demand for slave labor. Men are victims of vanity in less obvious ways. Our media is filled with commercials that are filled with messages that make you believe in an unnatural idea of normalcy, and you are probably unaware of their actual power. What you feed your body is just as important as what you feed your mind. Anxiety about your appearance with your skin condition, can spiral into further emotional distress, perpetuating your acne. Skincare clients will receive a 30% discount for personal counseling. This education and working on your inner dialogue may relieve a lot of your anxieties.
If is very important to feed your mind, body, and soul what is necessary for health. Throw away your beauty magazines, stop watching TV that is not positive for your spirit. Remember if you did not make what you are consuming or using, you are subject to the will and whims of the intentions of whoever made it, that especially goes for media. Also remember that there are literally children mining through chemicals so that westerners can feel pretty for a couple hours a day. Prioritize your health, and remember vanity is a disorder.
feed your body plants
Before the western diet was brought to the east, there were no where near as many diseases. Meat is grossly raised, and prepared for consumption, your body is simply not meant to consume large amounts of FLESH, when a much more nutritious source of food grows by itself naturally. Please stick to eating as many raw organic fruits and vegetables as possible, with balance of carbohydrates and proteins in mind. Check out Forks Over knives on Netflix!
The fastest results have seen on my clients have been from those who are raw vegans, but meat consumption isn't necessarily going to make you ill. Please know that the more complex the protein, the more digestive stress it is to break down, and the more your immune system is being used for processes that don't benefit you enough to be worth it. There is no reason to consume more meat than you are willing to raise, hunt, kill and prepare yourself. Plants are eaten in eastern cultures, not because they can't afford meat, but because they are aware of the efforts and energy surrounding meat consumption.
recommended ORGANIC foods & Herbs:
Remember ALWAYS ORGANIC! Store your food in GLASS not plastic! Try to purchase items in glass whenever possible instead of aluminum. Invest in mason jars and pyrex storage containers for storing food in your cabinets. Keep your pantry items in the dark as well, and invest in some great cooking oils such as coconut, hemp, palm, and food grade argan.
Believe it or not, some produce is not good for us. Mucus buildup compromises the organs and immune system leading to cancer and our generations worst diseases. Based on the work of Dr. Sebi and Arnold Ehret, we know which foods cause mucus in the body.
Herbs play a huge role in digestion, some should only be consumed by one gender so make sure you know what you are buying. Lavender for women greatly aids in digestion and hormones, Dandelion and lemongrass cleanses the liver and filtration organs. Maca root balances the hormones and metabolism. I have an herb shop where I offer the most recommended herbs for brain, hormones, skin, and digestive health!
FOODS TO AVOID:
- MEAT from grocery stores: Meat in grocery stores is much older and slaughtered in a most disgusting manner. If you must eat meat, I strongly implore you to buy HALAL meat from an Arab, Amish, or Meditteranean grocer. For Halal meat, animals must be alive and healthy at the time of slaughter, and is sold in stores being no more than a few days killed. During the process, a prayer is said. After the meat is butchered, often the meat is prayed upon begin in the process of waiting to be delivered to the stores. This ensures your meat is soft and fresh, without cortisol and stress in the meat. The difference is incredible, and if you don't notice the dramatic difference, it is not Halal. Avoid all processed meat products!
- Cow's milk & cheese: Casein (dairy) actually causes inflammation in the human body, and acidosis which eats away your bones. If you must use dairy, choose organic goat's milk or goat's cheese sparingly. Cheese and dairy seems to be in every packaged food item so be careful.
- Fried foods: Fried food is everywhere! It is a major culprit for pebble-like acne. Pay attention to how your food is cooked and heated, it is always best to cook and grow your own food whenever possible! Avoid potato chips, fries, nuggets, wontons, fried sushi rolls, corn dogs, fritters, churro, coconut shrimp, anything tempura, donuts, egg rolls, felafel, fish sticks, dumplings, veggie chips, etc!
- Packaged foods: If it has a label, you don't need it. With the anti-GMO labeling policies in US, it’s very challenging to know if what you are buying is made from GM ingredients. Even vegan packaged foods has harmful ingredients such as Carageenan, Amino Acids, Aspartame, Ascorbic Acid (also called vitamin C, but it’s not real vitamin C and it is driven from GM corn), Sodium Ascorbate, Vitamin C (usually derived from corn), Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Ethanol, Flavorings (“natural” and “artificial”), Lactic Acid, Maltodextrins (unless it says non-GMO, all Maltodextrins come from GM sources—corn derivative), Molasses, Monosodium Glutamate, Sucrose (mostly seen in children’s supplements), High-Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated oils, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP), Xanthan Gum, Vitamins, Yeast Products, Artificial colors, Sodium benzoate and BHT, Acrylamides, Heavy metals like lead, fluoride and arsenic, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium oxide, WHITE SUGAR, AND CORN!
- Liquor & Beer: The healthiest ways to drink alcohol still aren’t really healthy. I suggest avoiding beer and liquor and instead going for a quality wine or hard cider. Stella Artois is my favorite cider, other brands have a lot of junk in them.
- Bread products: Avoid all breads including whole grain bread, processed gluten is not good for us. Substitute for grains like couscous or spelt or rice cakes.